From MBA 13" 2015 to new Rmb?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Lufelham, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Lufelham macrumors member

I can't stop think about the new macbook i love my air but i just use it to create docs web browsing a a lil Xcode i think i want to sell it and get a new rmb sg :) i know that it is less powerful but i love the looks im under the spell of apple i know but i can't help it HELP!

2. Jynto macrumors 6502

Jynto

You know, I never much liked stream-of-consciousness narrative.

3. Lufelham thread starter macrumors member

Sorry i don't get you english its my second language sorry about that my friend im just looking for opinions before doing anything with my current macbook

4. newellj macrumors 603

You are unlikely to notice any practical differences in "power."

5. sangalang macrumors newbie

Based on what you say the rMB will be more than powerful enough for your use.
    I'm on the similar boat (except no Xcode for me, but more Excel + PowerPoint) and this laptop just flies through them.

Having said that, the MBA is by no means terrible. The screen is a major downfall sure. But it's still portable enough with pretty good keyboard, more power and ports, and longer battery.
    Personally if I already had a perfectly working laptop like a MBA, I would have stuck with it. But if $ is no concern for you, then you won't regret getting rMB.

Lastly I suggest posting the same question in the MBA thread. I'll be curious to see how the people in the other camp will respond.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The MacBook is less powerful than your Air, but I suspect it is powerful enough for your needs.

Ideally you should buy the MacBook before selling your Air and clone the drive over so you can be sure.

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

This is the best route and the only way for you to know for sure. Besides CPU power, there are other ergonomic differences due to size that matter. Asking questions on a forum isn't going to answer those for you.

8. newellj macrumors 603

Yes...and good advice. Remember that Apple has a no-questions-asked two week return period. And there are non-tech things you might not like. In my case, in spite of my expectations, I found I really wasn't getting used to the new short-travel keyboard. Apple basically dares you to buy and try and backs it up with a very liberal return policy. If you're seriously considering the rMB, give it a try.

9. Lufelham thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys you just gave me a great amount of info. Im going to investigate if the return policy works here on mexico and if the guys at the MacStore (Its a premium reseller here on mexico, we don't have actual Apple stores yet) say that theres no problem I might buy it, try it and if I decide that i don't like it ill return it and keep my air I've already listed it on an eBay like site, lets see what happens ill keep you guys updated.

Thanks again!