From old to new!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iNeko, Jan 31, 2009.

1. iNeko macrumors regular

Last week, I ordered a new Unibody 15" Macbook Pro (2.53ghz/4gb/250gb@7200) and the wait for it is agonising! With UPS customs issues and holiday delays (I didn't realise that China shuts for almost a week at their New Year!) There's a bit of a worry in my mind that it might not make it's delivery date of Monday the second, but it'll get here eventually!

At the moment I'm using a 15" MacbookPro1,1 (2.0ghz/2gb/100gb@7200) and I get the feeling it knows it's being replaced as it's started doing some funny things to me (such as bluetooth disappearing, airport connection playing up, boot delays, etc), but what I would like to know is what sort of difference will I see with this new machine speed/power wise? Is it going to be a world of difference in day to day stuff, or just a bump?

:D I can't wait to see this machine, I'm really excited about it!

2. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Hehe you happen to be getting your MBP on my birthday (Feb 2), congrats! :D

Well you will certainly see a noticeable performance increase as you've doubled to faster ram, more powerful processor and a more roomy HDD.

Reading this post even got me excited =) I'm getting a MBP similar to yours but still need to come up with a bit more cash.

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

4. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

:) I hope you get yours soon, for some reason it's an event when buying a Mac! This poor MBP is starting to show it's age now (well, it's nearly 3 years old and thing are starting to fail on it - especially as it travels about quite a lot) I fell in love with the new ones when I was in America a few weeks ago and I couldn't decide for a while between the MacBook and the Pro, but I felt the new Pro will make a good replacement!

:D I hope so, I gathered that it can only have more power than what I have now, not less - I just wasn't sure how much more, if that makes any sense! I'm pretty impressed that I was able to get a faster drive and save £35 at the same time, not a bad deal really!