From one side to another....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple2011, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Apple2011 macrumors newbie

I need a bit of convincing to get an Iphone 5, when it comes out. I am currently using a blackberry and love BBM. I know Iphone users can use Whatsapp and LiveProfile but they are just not the same !

Can somebody convince me , apart from the Appstore which we all know about. Everyone goes on about Blackberry push email etc.

Thanks

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I can't really convince you to do anything. The one thing I love about the iPhone (and some people don't) is the ecosystem.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think that something unique to all Apple products is the user experience, this is also what makes it so hard to convince someone to switch to Apple products.

I can go on and on about how the way the iPhone is set up (and Apple products in general) "just makes sense", but you would never fully understand until you actually try one out for yourself.

I recommend going down and buying one, if you don't like it after a few weeks you can return it - I doubt you will though. I switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone 3 years ago and I've never looked back.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Waste of time. Stick with Blackberry if you need convincing.

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

the iphone has push e-mail too, and alot of other features. plus we dont know much about the iphone 5 (its all speculation anyway). but they always add new features, plus there is a new software update (ios 5) due to be announced. the WWDC is monday and we will get info on ios 5, maybe the new iphone but unlikely. the best way to get the experience is to go int an apple store and play with one, and have a genius run you through everything.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

How old are you?

7. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Just buy the thing...it "just works" It so hard to grasp the concept until you try it. Every iPhone convert I know has never regretted it but I do know a few blackberry and androids owners who have a few regrets. Over all you can't go wrong with the iPhone.

8. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

We may not see a 5 this year. I have a feeling we'll get a 4S. But that's just my opinion.

9. Apple2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

What's this have to do with anything ?

All i'm asking is for somebody to explain the benefits ! On a side everyone needs convincing to do something.. for example, when you bought your car/house etc you were convinced, so do not pin this on age !

10. Apple2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

To the other posts thank you for your replies. I very much appreciate them !

I shall wait for the Iphone 4gs/5. As RIM I think are on a sinking ship. They're web browser is horrendous even on OS 6 !

11. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Don't worry about people. I let stupid comments get to me all the time over the internet and you just have to ignore it. People will be daring and egotistic because they know they don't have to confront you face to face.

Anyway, it truly does come down to what you want from your device. Some people like Android because it's more customizable and such but I'll deal with a few less of those perks for the easyness and simplicity of the iPhone and iOS. As they always say "it just works" and the app store is far better. In my opinion the apps are a lot of what makes a phone what it is.

People aren't Apple fanboys for no reason. It's easy, fun, and professional all at the same time. Further, Apple has amazing customer service which is another big perk.

In the end, there are advantages on each side, but it's all about what you want and need from your phone. I had an iPhone since day 1, then a couple months after the 4 came out, I got an Android phone, used it for 6 months, and hated everything about it. So my personal opinion and advice would be to get the iPhone because you will be overall happier.

Edit: Just saw your post after I created mine. Congrats, you'll love it. Guaranteed.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The seamless integration with my iMac, MBP, and 2 iPhones is more than enough to keep me using the iPhone.

13. Apple2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

May I ask what you did not like about your Android phone ?

14. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I just came from a Blackberry Bold 9700 and honestly, I hated it. yeah the keyboard was great along with push email but it was so behind the competition when it came out. The iPhone is night and day difference but I am really enjoying it, even though I've only had it for 2 days lol. The new Blackberry OS 6 had an improved browser but even that was a pain to use. I love everything about the iPhone. I actually like the iPhone notification system because instead of a blinking LED the whole screen lights up. I never used BBM. I mean I just texted instead, didn't really see the point when no one I know owns a BB.

15. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Constant "forced quit" applications (yes the iPhone does crash out of an app once in a while)... the "complexity" of menus, sub menus, settings, etc. No, it's not that hard fulfill a task by clicking on 5 or 6 different sub-menus but it's much more efficient and simple on iOS. I felt like the apps were "cheap". The only quality apps I ran into were ones that were also available on iOS. I didn't like the keyboard (maybe I was just used to the iPhone's. The camera seemed better on the iPhone over MANY recent android devices, even those with a higher mega-pixel. The browser is much more sub-par than Safari in my opinion (disregarding the fact that iOS has no flash but honestly I don't care, I don't know how having flash on a mobile phone is an absolute must for some). The Gmail/email system is terrible. Contact management is terrible. If you are wanting to replace your portable music device... HAHA! (Enough said). And it just doesn't have that level of quality/class that the iPhone seems to have. Again though, there are those that probably hate the iPhone and obsess over Android, I just can't see how.

16. al1cre macrumors member

A lot depends on which Android phone you're talking about. I had very good experiences with mine and the browser was significantly faster than Safari. My Android phone never crashed. I didn't/don't take many pictures with my phone (either Android or iPhone 4) so I can't speak to that. There are a LOT of differences between Android phones. Almost all Android phones have a shell over Android. My G2 was one of the very few with a stock Android experience. Most people that talk about their experiences with Android are talking about Android+shell.

The fact that there were quality Android apps that were also on iOS just indicated there are quality apps on both platforms. There are lousy ones on both platforms too, btw.

17. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I believe there was a rumor about RIM taking BBM to other platforms?

18. collisos macrumors member

I heard that same rumor, they're upset that apps like whatsapp and liveprofile are taking some of their client base. I read an article on it but I don't know how to find it again.