From PC to Mac: How to maximize windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Vyruz Reaper, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Vyruz Reaper macrumors regular

So, one thing I could not figure out, nor the apple employee was:

How do you maximize a window quickly?

For example, using windows 7, I would double click on the top of the window and it will automatically cover the whole screen and maximize. Or i can press the window button on the top right of the screen.

On the mac, I had to drag the bottom right of the window to the size i want. I do a lot of multitasking and this seems to be a little of an annoyance.

I dont think apple could have left off something so basic??

I just would hate haveing to move the window to the top left hand croner, make it smaller or bigger, change it again when I have another task i might do

(i know mac remember the previous size and length of the window)

thanks!

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

This works a little differently on a mac the green button in the top left of every window acts as a zoom button. This explain its a little http://www.xvsxp.com/interface/max_vs_zoom.php

Essentially it switches between a user set size and what it thinks is the largest it requires. As often space is wasted by making something full screen. Ways exist to change this functionality to a full screen button if you so wish.

3. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

That is what it is supposed to do.. But I find it quite unconsistent between programs. Firefox, mail, iTunes are just a few that behave differently. :(

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

For the switchers OS X is NOT Microsoft WINDOW. OS X actually works with more than one app window on the screen; hence, the term multi-tasking.

5. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

It's Microsoft Windows (note the plural form of window) and your post is an opinion not fact. Let it go. It's just different GUI nothing else.

6. Vyruz Reaper thread starter macrumors regular

lol, i know the difference, but a window is still a window:p

7. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Exactly