From "Prepared for Shipment" to "Shipped"...how long?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poot1234, Jun 24, 2010.

1. poot1234 macrumors member

My iPhone 4 order just went to the status of "Prepared for Shipment". How long do you think it will be before it ships? How long did it takes yours to go to "Shipped"?

2. Seraphx17 macrumors member

It took about 8 hours for me. Do you have a July 2nd ship date? 2 of the 3 phones my family ordered went Prepared for Shipment yesterday and shipped last night. I'm waiting for the last phone to change status.

Did it just change to Prepared for Shipment? Like within the last hour?

3. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

Yup. I have the July 2nd ship date. And yes, I checked about an hour ago and now and it wasn't Prepared for Shipping an hour ago..is now. Do you have a tracking number yet? If so, what is the delivery date on your 2 I4's?

4. Seraphx17 macrumors member

Last night it said June 28, but switched to June 29. Based off of past experiences with Apple products shipping through Fedex especially past release dates, they always come early. So I expect to see it probably Monday the 28th.

If yours ships tonight like my 2 iPhones last night, it should come the 29th or 30th. I called Apple up and got them to give me 2 day shipping on the iPhone 4 that hasn't shipped yet, so you can always try that if you want to get it sooner.

5. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

Wow! Great news! I dont need any faster of shipping, was just hoping to get it before the July 6-8th time it said.;) Thanks!

6. macrat macrumors regular

Mine had a delivery date of June 24, today, but no iPhone 4 yet. My status changed to "Prepared for shipment" last Monday and it got stuck that way. Today I called Apple twice and got two different answers. First one told me that AT&T has not authorized my order, so I called AT&T and they told me that there was no problem so they re-directed me back to Apple. On the second call, Apple told me that there was nothing wrong with the order but the June 24 delivery date is just an estimate and I will just have to wait until they can catch up with the orders. Go figure.

I pretty much gave up and I don't care anymore if it comes in with the July 2 or July 14 shipments. It's the only way I can keep my sanity. Good luck with yours though.:eek:

7. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

Ouch, thats too bad, I would be pretty mad! :mad: At least you're looking on the bright side! And thanks!