From "processing" to "shipped"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rdy0329, Sep 12, 2014.

1. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

My debit card was charged for the two iPhones I ordered and is now processing. Given the delivery of 19th, how long would it change to shipped based on historical shipping practices of Apple? I'm just curious because I might change one of the address to directly send the unit to my friend.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It truly does vary. If they say delivery on the 19th of September then I suspect it would change a couple of days prior and the funds would be truly gone from your account.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know if they charged your debit card as much as put a hold on the funds. In the past they put a hold on it, then they charged it, meaning there was 2x charge on your card - keep that in mind. you'll have to make sure you have sufficient funds to carry double the amount in case that happens. It takes a day or two after shipping for apple to release the hold.

4. rdy0329 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not what my debit card SMSed. They areally deducted the amount. Hopefully no double charge will happen. I guess it will change to "shipped" on monday and I'm willing to bet that those phones are actually in warehouses/dispatch locations already.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm sure they're ready in the warehouse, it just that apple will time the shipping so they get delivered on the 19th.

As for the charges, I thought a company could not charge the credit/debit card until it was shipping - I could be wrong on that aspect.

6. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Monday or Tuesday it will happen. At least that's how it has happened previously.

7. rdy0329 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for this! This gives me time to confirm if my friend is actually available to receive his iPhone, else, I'll have both sent to my address.

8. Topher227 macrumors regular

^ I second this.

The best part is the wait after being switched to 'shipped'.

If memory serves correct, after ordering the iPhone 5, it spent several days vacationing on Lantau Island in Hong Kong. :)

[Pretend this is a photo of an iPhone 6 on a beach]

9. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

That is typically true... it's a courtesy and most companies do this to not irritate their customers... however there is no law (not saying you were implying law, just passing that along.)

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I've done a LOT of ordering from Apple.

When I order something that's in normal production it goes:

Day of order: Processing
    Overnight: Preparing for shipment
    Next day (or two): Shipped
    Trackable through carrier till it arrives (can be a few days if it's something that ships from China)

But the last time I ordered either a phone or iPad as soon as it was available it stayed on "preparing for shipment" till the day of or the night before arrival. They were all sitting at the nearest hub, but no info was released before they got there. So don't sweat it.