Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kapybarus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
Hello. I m thinking of switching to android, because of whole system (had it before) and bigger screen. I think IOS is crippled for phones without 3D touch and for good gmail experience after changes. I prefer stock android but I m worried aboit performance and battery which is not conistent specially on budget android phones.

Did someone changed from newer iphone to one of those phones? What was your experience?

Or should I just jailbreak for stable performance and battery of iphone with android like customization?

I like all of google products from keyboard to gmail, docs, gdrive.

Thanks

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Well, at least the Nexus 5X is quite slow compared to the SE. If you're used to SE's performance, the delays with 5X could get really annoying really soon.

Reactions: Kapybarus

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Well, at least the Nexus 5X is quite slow compared to the SE. If you're used to SE's performance, the delays with 5X could get really annoying really soon.

That's because of the superior processor. The A9 chip beats the Snapdragon 820. The 808 is weaker than the 820 and 810. Apple tailors its software to be effective without needing 4-6 GB of RAM.

Reactions: M. Gustave

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Hello. I m thinking of switching to android, because of whole system (had it before) and bigger screen. I think IOS is crippled for phones without 3D touch and for good gmail experience after changes. I prefer stock android but I m worried aboit performance and battery which is not conistent specially on budget android phones.

Did someone changed from newer iphone to one of those phones? What was your experience?

Or should I just jailbreak for stable performance and battery of iphone with android like customization?

I like all of google products from keyboard to gmail, docs, gdrive.

Thanks

Between the Nexus and Honor I'd lean towards the Nexus 5X considering you can find it like new or even new for around $200. Go with the 32GB version since there's no SD slot. Since it's a Nexus you get the latest Nougat 7.1.1 along with the ability to roll back to previous versions. 5.2" display is much more useful than 4". I'd suggest referring to YouTube for unbiased info which seem to suggest gaming performance is fine. Screen on time is variable depending on work load, reception, screen brightness level, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.