from the box to a case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxchefxx, Jun 17, 2010.

1. xxchefxx macrumors member

Im after a case for my new iphone 4 when i collect it on the 24 as im really clumsey and im not scraching this one up like i have my 3g so where can i get one in the uk at the moment other than the over priced apple one.

Have found a few sites but they are pre order or not in stock looking to spend about £20.

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Keep it in a ziplock bag for now!

*deepbreath*ApostropheCommaApostropheApostrophePeriodCommaQuestion MarkComma

3. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

My God. Use some punctuation!

Regarding your question- Apple may be selling some other brands on the 24th, in store and online.

4. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

This is a mac site i am here to gain info on apple products i struggle with english i always have but thanks for pointing out my down falls. If you cant give me any info or find my post to hard to read then dont bother replying.
    insted of point out problems with my post just go look in a mirror im sure you are not perfect.

5. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Wow ... I must agree; that was hard to read.

That said, I ordered one on eBay that *should* get here ahead of the new phone. It was just a cheap, rather unattractive case, but it says it's made to fit the new phone and even though I don't expect it will be anything great, I only mean for it to be a temporary case until a nicer one comes out that I want. Even if it doesn't fit exactly, it's only temporary as I said, so I'm not going to stress over it. I'm hoping Incase or Seidio will introduce one soon that I like ... or even SwitchEasy or iSkin. I hope OtterBox makes another water-resistant case for the new iPhone, too, and I hope it doesn't take too long. Those rainy days make me nervous. :eek:

6. Zexel macrumors member

I work for Best Buy and we've already gotten in 3 different cases for the iPhone 4. I'm not sure where you are in the UK, but I know we just opened 2 or 3 stores over there.

7. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

Cool i have one about 20mins from me so i will pop over and take a look

thanks

8. gravityfall macrumors member

ZAGG have iPhone 4 cases for $20 and shipping to UK is $5

www.zagg.com

9. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Do the Zagg skins really protect like a hard case? I drop my blackberry (iPhone4 will be my first) at least once a week in general. My hard plastic case has almost always protected it... :)

10. fuzion macrumors 6502

sorry :)

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I'm using my 3G holster. While i4 is thinner they otherwise have the same dimensions. (And my holster uses elastic to handle the depth anyway)

12. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

No problem it just makes me smile lots of people have problems with english and grama but this site is the worst I have ever been on for picking fault it people. Trust me if I could type it word perfect trust me I would.
    :)

13. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Naked or Zagg for me. I do like stuff that Incase makes, so hopefully come out with some cases soon.

14. b3george macrumors newbie

I bought a cheap 1st gen iPhone slip case off eBay from Taiwan for ~$2 shipped until I can get an Otterbox.

15. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Engrish :eek:

I'm waiting for the otterbox (AKA Gaara sand shield) and probably won't take it out of the box for full use until then.

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You know, I'm not a huge Zagg fan, but it's a great alternative because it's already shipping. Mine has shipped. I am using it until I get my Wrapsol and/or a new case.

17. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, that warranted a right click and "Search with Bing." Wow! That's cool. If only I had money left.:(

18. mickeyp49 macrumors member

No, zagg will not protect it from drops just scratches, but wrapsol makes a skin that will protect your iPhone from drops.

19. johng723 macrumors member

Are they for sale right away? Or are they waiting till the 24th to put the out for sale?

20. dmize31287 macrumors regular

Naked or Bumper for me. Mainly naked. I have a iPhone 2g that I use as a touch now, and it has only minor scratches on the back. None on the screen. The fact that the glass on iPhone 4 is suppose to be chemically engineered to be 30% (?) stronger than plastic, scratch and oil resistant, and placed on the front and back. Not to mention a stainless steel structure. I kind of think it may be protected enough as is.

21. Zexel macrumors member

In my store, we're waiting until the 24th to put them out because we're making bundles for the people that preordered. Other stores may do something else, so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

22. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Going completely naked for the iPhone 4... had the BodyGuardz on the back of my 3GS

23. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

My 3gs went from the box to a case in under 10 seconds.