From the Desk Top 16 Seconds to recognize Mouse Click

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thom418, Apr 21, 2008.

1. thom418 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook and as of a few, weeks ago if I click on any desk top icon or click the file, edit, view etc...it takes 10 to 15 seconds to have the Mac recognize that I have clicked on it. This goes for moving the desktop icons.

I have rebooted, I have Zapped the PRAM, I have removed the battery and I still have this problem.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

btw, the tool bar on the bottom works just fine.. so i can bring up all of my programs, AND if I go into the application folder all the icons move just fine there too.

So, any help would be appreciated.

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Are you describing behavior right after a cool boot or reboot?

3. thom418 thread starter macrumors newbie

behavior cool boot or reboot

It does not matter if I do any type of a boot.

4. BlackThunder macrumors member

What's your system activity like? Ram usage? You got alot of stuff running in the background that might be causing this?

Whatever the cause I'm pretty sure an reinstall of the OS will fix it... that would piss me off to no end.

5. stevegmu macrumors regular

Are you using a 3rd party mouse controller, like Logitech Control Center?

6. bennyboi macrumors regular

bennyboi

Hm. I had this problem on an earlier Operating System. 10.3 maybe? Anyways- it turned out to a problem with my airport. Try turning airport off (even though it will take 15-20 seconds for a response) and/or unplugging ethernet. I don't really have a solution if that is the problem, but it may help in finding the problem.
    When I had my problem, I upgraded OS to 10.4 and everything was ok. The suggestion of OS reinstall is good.
    Good luck