From Tiger to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chipandegg, Jun 26, 2008.

1. chipandegg macrumors regular

chipandegg

I still use Leopard 10.4.11. Is it time I got Leopard by now, would it be advisable to get it?

Have most of you got Leopard or are still using previous OS X versions.

cheers

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I waiting on line to pick it up and went thru the initial issues, but those have been fixed by now. It depends on what your needs are. Check the features and see if it's worth it for you to upgrade. My girlfriend's iBook suits her just fine and she's still running 10.3

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yup. If I had to choose between buying 10.5 and paying off a bill, for example, I'd go with the bill. Especially with 10.6 coming out in a year, if you're fine with 10.4, stick with it.

4. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Yeah, Tiger still supports most of the latest versions software such as iTunes, Quicktime and Safari etc. Generally once I can't run new applications I need/want to use, I upgrade.

5. Fontenette Yo! macrumors regular

Fontenette Yo!

6. Xavier macrumors 68020

Tiger is nice, but in my opinion, Leopard is even better. There were enough improvements, like stacks, and Time Machine that prompted me to upgrade.

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I agree with Xavier - the new stuff in Leopard was enough to convince me to upgrade. Time Machine has saved me three times, now, from losing important data.