From USA to UK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by milszils, Sep 15, 2007.

1. milszils macrumors member

Being quite young my funds are extremely low and will no way be able to justify buying a 16GB in the UK when the one in the USA is the equivalent price of the 8GB here. There is also no way I could settle for an 8GB.

What I need to know is when will the iPod Touch become available in all American shops - technically airports? I hope it is soon!:D

miles

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, it will be available in some airport shops, but it will also cost a lot more than other places.

3. milszils thread starter macrumors member

why will it cost more in airports than an apple store. don't they sell it at retail price? also when will they become available in shops in canada?

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

I would expect it to become available in a variety of Canadian stores in the next week, but by the 28th at the latest.

And things tend to sell more in airports since there's no other competition inside of the secure area. The local airport has a vending machine that sells iPods. The last generation 4GB nanos are all $250

5. milszils thread starter macrumors member

what -no duty free shops inside american airports? thats crazy!

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Perhaps you could buy from a UK airport that qualifies for Duty Free shopping?

7. milszils thread starter macrumors member

i would save £7 but would also need to buy a plane ticket then explain to security why I am not getting on a flight after checking in. that is a very hard thing to do in any airport these days. plus being 15 my parents would hardly let me or take me to the airport.

8. jockmock macrumors regular

I just hope that none of the bad ones make it over here

9. milszils thread starter macrumors member

if there are even any bad ones at all