From whence does the weather widget ween its weather wisdom?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
:D Out of curiousity the other day, I compared the weather widget to weather.com for our area. The forecasts were COMPLETELY different. I'm just curious where the widget is attached to get its forecast?

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
-1 for wording. "Whence" means "from what place or origin" and, according to Tiger's built-in dictionary widget, which is conveniently located very close to the weather widget, "from whence" is redundant.

For your viewing pleasure:

Those "reputable writers since the 14th century" be damned.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
munckee said:
:D Out of curiousity the other day, I compared the weather widget to weather.com for our area. The forecasts were COMPLETELY different. I'm just curious where the widget is attached to get its forecast?
accuweather.com, I believe.

At least that's what it says when you click the "i"

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It does indeed get it from accuweather. *A long time ago I created a thread about it - search for threads created by me with "Weather widget" in the title (sorry, on my phone now and browsing is painful). An incredible amount of info is returned but ignored by the widget.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
eji said:
-1 for wording. "Whence" means "from what place or origin" and, according to Tiger's built-in dictionary widget, which is conveniently located very close to the weather widget, "from whence" is redundant.

For your viewing pleasure:

Those "reputable writers since the 14th century" be damned.
:rolleyes: Sorry