From where to buy iphone 3G online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abdullah khan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Abdullah khan macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I live in Pakistan a country in South Asia and unfortunately my country is not listed in the list of the countries where iphone 3G will be launched. I want to buy iphone online but i dont know about any online shop through which i can buy iphone on the original price of $199 and the shipping charges. I am in love with this phone and i want to buy at any cost so, if any one of you could help me i would be very very great ful.

Thanks.

:) :) :)

2. guru_ck macrumors 6502

I'll sell you one for $10,000 USD.

Free shipping too!

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You're not going to get it for $199 if you're not in one of the specified countries. You would have to get an unlocked (and no warranty) iPhone. That will probably cost anywhere from $500 to $1,000. Of course you won't know until it's out and unlocked.

4. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

Please buy from a legit reputable company you are familiar with, all these sites supposedly selling 3G's from dodgy unheard of website are either complete scams to steal your money or the phones are stolen.

5. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

To be fair, there most certainly do exist unlocked iPhones which are still covered by Apple's warranty. For example, such a situation exists with a handful of iPhones sold in Germany during a temporary court injunction.

They also exist with iPhones that were unlocked officially in France.

As far as 3G iPhones go, Apple's own support documentation states that they are sold unlocked out-of-the-box when bought in the Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Macau, New Zealand, Singapore, and Slovakia. Unofficial reports say this is also true in Australia and Belgium.

According to Apple's support documentation, 3G iPhones bought in Argentina, Austria, Australia (notwithstanding the claims above), Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Guatamela, Hungary, Honduras, India, Liechtenstein, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, and Uruguay, can be unlocked after the purchase through a special arrangement with the carrier that sold it.

The warranty will still be valid for any iPhones unlocked through official channels. Granted, Apple will likely only honor its warranty when it is returned for service at a store in the same country in which it was originally purchased.

The official carriers through which you can purchase an iPhone around the world are listed through this support website. It'd be wise to limit yourself to purchasing directly through one of them or one of their affiliates.