From where to get my macbook???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tejeshwarsekhon, Apr 30, 2009.

1. tejeshwarsekhon macrumors newbie

I live in india and was thinking of getting a macbook next month... So i was wondering from which website should i get my macbook which has international shipping and also which is reliable.... Is ebay a good place to buy???? Also suggest me which model should i get 2.4 ghz or the 2.0 ghz as i just want to surf net and listen to songs.... and backlite is not a problem to me......

2. chinarider macrumors regular

For surfing and music, you won't need much in terms of power - save your money and buy a cheaper model.

Don't buy from Ebay - Buy from a reputable seller - I don't know who ships to your location, try Apple first.

China

3. tejeshwarsekhon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx for reply... I have seen some very reputed buyers on ebay who have international shipping and also who have more than 1000-2000 positive feedbacks...... so is it safe to buy from them??

4. chinarider macrumors regular

Noone can tell you 100% that it is safe - Use your own judgement. You may want to Google the sellers name just in case. If someone got burned, they very well may have told their story somewhere...

China

5. tejeshwarsekhon thread starter macrumors newbie

6. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

If you have the option, check the online Apple store for your area and look at refurbs, like new, new serial number and full years guarantee. You can save a decent amount of money this way, just got a refurb MBP and over the moon with it.

7. tejeshwarsekhon thread starter macrumors newbie

Heyy, i have noticed that refurbs is a better choice than buying a new one as apple makes them look as new...... so whats ur thoughts on it?? also where to get it internationally shipped as there are no refurbs in india.....

8. apcpa2000 macrumors member

apcpa2000

I just ordered a refurbed MacBook today. Don't know if they ship to India though.