Front camera defective

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stone1269, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Stone1269 macrumors newbie

My Ipod Touch 4G arrived yesterday and my front camera is defective. If I try to switch to the front camera, the camera app will usually freeze up. I can exit the app with the home button, but if I relaunch the camera app, it will freeze up immediately. When this happens, I have to reset all settings on the Ipod to get the camera app to work again on the rear camera. I have managed to get the Ipod to switch to the front camera a few times, but it will always display artifacts after 2 or 3 pictures, or 10 seconds or so of video. Once the artifacts begin, the camera app will freeze up again within a few seconds.

One positive, however... I live 2 hours from the nearest Apple Store, so taking it in was not really an option. This was my first experience calling Apple Support, and I was very impressed. A replacement was authorized quickly and without any problems, as I had been afraid of. Hopefully, the replacement will arrive quickly.

Has anyone else had issues with either camera? I am really hoping mine was an isolated case, as the cameras were a main selling point for me....

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

It's probably very much isolated. It's an electronic gizmo, these things happen. I haven't heard of this problem elsewhere though, so you probably just a got a lemon. Apple support is awesome. They've always been incredibly helpful whether I had a question, a problem, or even setting up returns over the phone.

3. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

Call Apple support. If they can't fix it over the phone, they'll allow you to return it (and set you up to have it returned). Super simple solution.

The upside is that this is the first instance of this problem we've seen here at MR forums.

4. citi macrumors 65816

citi

Just happened to me. Brand new one.