Front Camera = unchanged

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
California, United States
Quick question. The size and location of the camera hasn't changed either, has it? Need to know this so I can order an iPad 2 Crystal Film from Power Support!

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Would have liked an increase. FaceTime all the time with my kids when I am traveling

skestes

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
This is a disappointment.
Why? I'm just curious. Since the front camera is basically there for Facetime you don't want too large an image.

But I will admit that the optics could be better. For Facetime I'd like to see the optics of the rear camera with the resolution of the existing one.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
I agree. FaceTiming my mother on my 27in iMac to her iPad 2 makes it look horrific! I'd expect it on an iPod Touch (like when I FaceTime my girlfriend), but an iPad is fairly larger. Oh well, maybe in the next iteration :)

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
agreed. I don't want an HD image being taken 15" from my face.
For those of us who like to Facetime with the family though, allowing the grandparents to be able to see the kids in something better than 1950s TV quality is nice.

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
For those of us who like to Facetime with the family though, allowing the grandparents to be able to see the kids in something better than 1950s TV quality is nice.
Agreed, but what's worse? VGA camera resolution or grandparent's vision? :p

At least with the Gen 3 you'll have the option of flipping it around for better picture now and then.