Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
So this has happened several times now, i rarely use the front facing facetime camera on my 2019 27 inch iMac but i wanted to video chat with a family member yesterday and the front facing camera is not turning on, the green light doesn't even light up, i found out that as soon as i restart the iMac then the front facetime camera is functional again, i have noticed this behavior happen multiple times now where the front camera simply stops working for whatever reason and requires a restart to start working again, Is this a known issue with Mojave and how can i fix this permanently?

When I turn on the FaceTime app on the Mac the following message comes up after being unable to initiate the front facing camera after a minute or two (see attachment), The error message even states to restart the computer to fix the issue which makes me believe Apple is aware of this issue? is this a known issue on Mojave?

My previous iMac was a 2011 27 inch iMac that was running El Capitan and the front facing camera was always working on it without any such issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 10.54.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 10.54.37 AM.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.