iPhone Front facing speakers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theapplefanboyj, Jul 26, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Is there a tweak that will allow us to listen to audio through the front earpiece?

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Why? That would be utterly pointless!

Use your earphones... or the provided speaker.

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I read this and just imagined someone walking around holding the phone up to their ear to listen to music, and I literally laughed out loud.

WHY would you want to do this? There's no logic to why someone would want to, because it's a directional speaker meaning you'd have to hold it up to your ear to hear your music.

4. cymolia macrumors 6502a

when im on calls with a lengthy hold time, i usually exit out the phone app and play music thru my music app while i wait . it works and it even plays over the call. Thats the only reason i see why'd you want to listen to music from the front of the phone.

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

i did that with my Nokia back in thed ay on my way to school on the train when i forgot my headphones :D

6. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Not exactly what you're asking, but some Bluetooth headsets allow both phoning and audio playback.

7. white4s macrumors 65816

lol possibly the wackiest idea i've seen yet

he's asking if he can have music coming through the earpiece, beyond pointless really since you won't be able to hear it