Front Glass Replacement iPhone 4 VZW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gatorback, Mar 3, 2013.

1. gatorback macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon iPhone4 that works well and would like to replace the cracked front glass. I purchased the glass off of eBay, but I am unable to find a procedure that addresses how to replae the glass only (digitizer works).

If you have experience with replacing the front glass on an iPhone4 please state this in your reply. I look forward to and appreciate constructive actionable comments \ guidance. Links would be appreciated.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

a simple google search will yield you PLENTY of results. check youtube for how-to videos.

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

If you just purchased the front glass (digitizer) alone, you are in for an uphill battle. The LCD and Digitizer of the iPhone 4 are fused together during manufacturing, which makes it nearly impossible to separate the LCD from the Digitizer. Even if you do get them separated, the LCD will have a fair amount of adhesive on it which you will somehow need to remove. The LCD's are also extremely fragile, so you need to be very careful when trying to separate them. I would recommend against trying to just change the glass.

I would see if the seller would allow you to return the item, and purchase the LCD Digitizer assembly which is the LCD and digitizer fused together.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i agree. for $65, you can get a quality replacement kit from iCracked.com and its the digitizer/glass together which comes with a tool kit and instructions. it will be much easier than trying to replace just the one.

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

it is very hard to seperate them, you are best off buying the whole thing, it makes it much easier...

6. gatorback thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the replies. I ended up purchasing a digitizer/glass assembly and replacing it. That being said, I think that I would use a $40-$50 service where a vendor (who probably does this every day) to do this because the learning curve is very time consuming.