Front part of the iphone is bulging out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by omry1243, Mar 19, 2014.

1. omry1243 macrumors newbie

So guys ill get to the case, i was recharging my iphone 4 via a usb connected to my pc and i accidently pulled the usb so the iphone just fell to the ground, now when i came to pick it up i noticed the home button is inside the iphone and not outside of it,still worked perfectly,i thought it broke because of the fall and then i realized my whole front is popped outside abit, i can see some lights from inside and stuff, now the question is do i push it back in or do i just give it to a professional, i dont wanna ruin my iphone, but i dont wanna waste money and a problem i can fix myself

picture:[​IMG]

thanks.

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Honestly, take it to a professional. You can fix this yourself, but you will probably thread the screws which will cause problems.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

It looks like the glass/display has popped out of the plastic frame! Unfortunately, this may be difficult to resecure without opening it up. I'd first try to press the glass against the frame and hope it secures itself back into the adhesive on the frame. If that doesn't work, you could try taking it to Apple Store and see what they recommend.

The display glass assembly is bonded to the plastic frame with a double sided adhesive like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Sided-Adhesive-Tape-for-Apple-iPhone-4-4S-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-Bezel-Frame-/121258297114?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1c3b8ec71a

Hopefully you could find a solution with the Apple Store, or it stays adhered after pressing it back into the frame, before seeking the advice and handiwork of a professional. Sent from my iPhone 5.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I had something similar happen to an old iPod and it ended up being the battery swelling up. I'd get it looked at, just to be safe.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Yeah, it looks like a swollen battery to me. Maybe it was already there and the drop caused enough of a jolt to knock some adhesive loose and the screen popped out.