Front Row 2 Movie Previews

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by platypus63, Nov 5, 2007.

1. platypus63 macrumors regular

Hello,

Anyone have an idea if it's possible to make Front Row show thumbnails/images for movies (in my movies folder) rather than previewing the movie on the side, which is not really helpful for quick glances at all... It would be great to be attach images (like album covers on itunes) and see it there!

Thanks

2. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Yeah, just right click on the file, click "Get Info", select the "Artwork" tab, and drag the image / artwork you want to show up in the left hand column of Front Row

3. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Can anyone get this to work when using Front Row and shared libraries?

Thanks.

4. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

I agree, that would be sweet. I booted into Vista a few days ago, and noticed in the games folder it showed pictures on the right side of the game box of whatever game i had selected. I thought it pretty nifty. Don't know if it is completely necessary, but a cool idea nonetheless. It would be pretty cool if you could attach a picture of the dvd cover to your movie files.:apple:

5. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

....sweet. good thinking.:apple:

6. platypus63 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the iTunes tip! Does it work with the videos in the movies folder?

7. arreee1 macrumors newbie

If you want to add cover art to your DVD to use in Front Row so it's not just a huge list of movie titles with no cover art, do the following.

Firstly, find the cover art by scanning your own cover or by going to sites like covers.cc.

Now, name the picture file “Preview.jpg” and move the picture file to the folder with the title of the DVD.

Now, your DVD will look perfect in Front Row. It is complete with its cover art.

Hope this helps...