Front Row accessing network shared folders and automounting them first?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by amnesiac1984, Apr 29, 2007.

1. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Hi All, I have an issue with front row. Got it working very well with various formats and movies stored in various locations thanks to aliases. The problem I am having is that my movies have all been moved to a network share. So I mount the share then put aliases in my movies folder. This works fine if the share is mounted, but if it is not the aliases do not show up at all in front row. In the finder, if I click on these aliases when the share is not mounted it will mount the share and show the folder, why can't front row do this and can I write an applescript that will mount the share for me? I take my macbook to work and would like to be able to just bring it home, plug it into my big screen, wake it up with the apple remote and not have to do anything else to watch my movies.

If I attached a folder action to the movies folder that mounted the share whenever it was opened would that work with front row?

Have been searching the internet in vain and can't find anybody with the same problem.

Many thanks in advance

2. amnesiac1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bump, I read somewhere that Airport Disk has an option to mount the drive on your machine when you connect to the network, anyway having this without airport disk?