Front Row and Joined Video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jakeblu, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Jakeblu macrumors regular

I have a curious problem and was hoping someone here may be able to help. I am in the process of ripping all my DVDs to an external hard drive and playing them via front row to my Sony HDTV. So far so good but I have started to rip my LOTR dvds which come on two disks. Having ripped with MTR and encoded with HandBrake I decided to upgrade to QT Pro to join both files together. Well today I joined Two Towers using QT Pro and everything seemed ok. I could view the film fine in QT and iTunes but when I play via front row on the first half (ie the first disk) I only get the audio but when the 2nd half I get the full mashings audio and video. The changes happen exactly at the join!

Maybe I am not doing it correctly my process was open first file, open 2nd file and select all then copy to first file and save as a mov file. It seemed to work fine because as I said plays in QT and iTunes but not front row. I then tried creating a new file and copy and paste both to this but still the same problem:confused: I have perian 1.1 but cant see it being a codec problem as the second half works ok.

I hope someone can help because I have paid £20 for the QT Pro update almost exclusively for the option of joining files together.

My setup is 20in 2.4 ali mac with 2gb ram Leopard 10.5.2 QT 7.4.5.

Somebody please help

Steve aka Jakeblu

2. Jakeblu thread starter macrumors regular

3. Jakeblu thread starter macrumors regular

Still having this problem so this is one last plea for help :(

Steve aka jakeblu

4. foshizzle macrumors regular

why dont you join them in imovie HD then export them out as one movie. just drag the individual files into the timeline, it'll take a while to import them, then share-quicktime to whatever you want.