front row and perian

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
so i installed perian and now i can play my downloaded shows just fine in quicktime, but not i front row.. i dont get it, i thought front row plays through quicktime.. i moved my files to the movies folder in front row and they are there but won't play like they do right in quicktime..

anyone know what's going on here?

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
so i installed perian and now i can play my downloaded shows just fine in quicktime, but not i front row.. i dont get it, i thought front row plays through quicktime.. i moved my files to the movies folder in front row and they are there but won't play like they do right in quicktime..

well it started working, so that problem's solved.

but i got a quick question
is there a shortcut to quitting front row with the remote instead of clicking menu 5 times

Comment

baummer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California

i'm having this problem too. what did you do to fix it?

Comment

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I suspect you installed Perian only for your local user. I'm thinking you'll have to install it for ALL users if you're using Frontrow.

As for a shortcut.. that depends on if you're running Leopard or Tiger.

Comment

baummer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
I suspect you installed Perian only for your local user. I'm thinking you'll have to install it for ALL users if you're using Frontrow.

As for a shortcut.. that depends on if you're running Leopard or Tiger.
nope, that didn't work. i uninstalled, and then re-installed perian for all users, and no joy. quick look doesn't load the .avi files i have either, but quicktime does.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.