Front Row Annoyance in 10.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rainmanbk, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

The old Front Row used to utilize the currently playing iTunes track. For example, you're listening to iTunes, you open front row, music is still playing in the background, you go to music, and Now Playing, and it shows you the song you're listening to. Now in Leopard, when you play something in iTunes, and open Front Row, it stops the music, and just gives you the menu. I hate that. I liked being able to just see what I was playing in Front Row. Especially because of my next gripe. You can not stream AirTunes from the new Front Row? Gah.. I might see if its possible to install the old Front Row?

2. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I know the new Front Row is really a step backwards. I used to use it all the time as a music player in my living room to stream music to my receiver using Airtunes, but now they have crippled it and it can only be used with computer speakers.

How would a person install the old one? Is it possible? It was much better for me anyhow.

3. kevinwiz macrumors regular

agreed, the new front row is garbage both graphically and functionally

4. jotham1 macrumors newbie

5. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

How do I download it without using rapidshare? If it's under 244.1 mb you can upload a zip file directly to MR.

6. jotham1 macrumors newbie

Sorry,

I am away at the moment so I just have my PDA for internet. I will do it Tuesday...

7. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

yeah, i noticed the same irritations with note being able to go out of the menu