Front Row Annoyance in 10.5

rainmanbk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Southington, CT
The old Front Row used to utilize the currently playing iTunes track. For example, you're listening to iTunes, you open front row, music is still playing in the background, you go to music, and Now Playing, and it shows you the song you're listening to. Now in Leopard, when you play something in iTunes, and open Front Row, it stops the music, and just gives you the menu. I hate that. I liked being able to just see what I was playing in Front Row. Especially because of my next gripe. You can not stream AirTunes from the new Front Row? Gah.. I might see if its possible to install the old Front Row?

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
The old Front Row used to utilize the currently playing iTunes track. For example, you're listening to iTunes, you open front row, music is still playing in the background, you go to music, and Now Playing, and it shows you the song you're listening to. Now in Leopard, when you play something in iTunes, and open Front Row, it stops the music, and just gives you the menu. I hate that. I liked being able to just see what I was playing in Front Row. Especially because of my next gripe. You can not stream AirTunes from the new Front Row? Gah.. I might see if its possible to install the old Front Row?
I know the new Front Row is really a step backwards. I used to use it all the time as a music player in my living room to stream music to my receiver using Airtunes, but now they have crippled it and it can only be used with computer speakers.

How would a person install the old one? Is it possible? It was much better for me anyhow.

jotham1

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2008
Sorry,

I am away at the moment so I just have my PDA for internet. I will do it Tuesday...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.