Front Row, Apple remote wakes computer but what about the password?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MiniMan., Apr 16, 2007.

1. MiniMan. macrumors regular

Hi this is really bugging me,

i have my computer to ask for a password when you wake it up. When i wake it up with my apple remote is there anyway for it to miss the password bit, Otherwise i have to get up and put in a password !! :)

Thanks for help
    :apple:

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Would be kind of pointless to put a password if you could override it with the remote, right? ;)

3. MiniMan. thread starter macrumors regular

sure i suppose its just i dont wont to get up if im already sitting down with the remote, sounds lazy but its true!

4. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah, I uderstand that but still, the only other option is to disable the pw, which is something you don't really want to do.
    Another option is to disable the pw just for sleep and screensaver and use the fast user switching / login window to lock your computer. That way it'll only ask for the pw when you restart and when you lock it yourself but not when only in sleep mode. Just don't leave it in sleep mode when you're gone or anyone would have access.

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Some things are mutually exclusive. About the best you can do is put the stuff you would control by remote in a separate, unprotected account. Switch out of your main, password protected account before leaving your machine. Now you can use your remote without jeopardizing things you want protected.

6. MiniMan. thread starter macrumors regular