Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penyuan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello,
I apologize in advance if the problems below have been addressed in the past (in that case, can you point me to where the solutions are?), which are:
1. Whenever I try to play music and videos through Front Row, it says, direct quote: "there are no items in your iTunes library", when in fact I have 5000+ songs, dozens of TV shows and movies, all of which work fine in iTunes.
I made sure a) all media files are CHECKED (Selected) in my library, b) the Consolidate Library function has always been ON, c) iTunes is open and d) my iTunes library is in the default location, i.e. user/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music.
2. Photos appear correctly in Front Row and DVDs play, I just can't see my videos and music.
3. One interesting thing: the Album Art screen saver also says that "Your iTunes library does not contain any songs with artwork", while most of my iTunes music HAVE album art embedded and they display correctly in iTunes.
I even tried re-installing OS X, but it still does not work!
I would appreciate any help on this matter!
Thank you very much!

P.S. Here is the computer I am using:
17-inch 2.0 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.4.10) iMac from October, 2006 with iTunes 7.3.1 installed and working. I have had this problem since (I think) iTunes 6.

simon.canil

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Me too

Hey have the same problemo and there is nothing on this topic anywhere... where you able to find an answer?

mahakaya

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
Ok, strange but this worked for me

Hi, I don't know if either of you have found a fix for your problem yet, but I was having the same one and stumbled upon this solution.

I went to my Macintosh HD icon in the finder, then to Library, then to Updates, then to Packages, inside was a Front Row update called "FrontRowUpdate2.1.2.pkg" I clicked on that, prompting the computer to install it, and presto! It worked.

I clicked play on my remote and Front Row came up showing music!

Hope this helps good luck

duyvan82

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Sydney, Australia
for those of you who are having problems with iTunes artwork screensaver, here is a solution that worked for me. Just go to Macintosh HD/Library/Updates/iTunes/Packages and install iTunesAccess.pkg

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
I went to my Macintosh HD icon in the finder, then to Library, then to Updates, then to Packages, inside was a Front Row update called "FrontRowUpdate2.1.2.pkg" I clicked on that, prompting the computer to install it, and presto! It worked.

No luck here, sorry to report. I went to MHD>Library>Updates, and all I found there was index.plist, no Packages.

So I'll keep trying. What I'm hoping to accomplish is the ability to play iTunes while watching the Photos in Front Row.
Morod

Thatoneguy2

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2007
Hi, I don't know if either of you have found a fix for your problem yet, but I was having the same one and stumbled upon this solution.

That worked great for me, thanks!!

Corourke

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2005
I'm running Leopard Server (yeah it's legit, got it through work) and the 2.1.2 upgrade is not compatible with the version of front row that comes with Server.
I'm doing the external thing due to tiny drive on my macmini.
I've tried the alias solution and it also doesn't work. Anyone know anything about the plists to get front row "hip" to my external itunes drive?

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
I'm running Leopard Server (yeah it's legit, got it through work) and the 2.1.2 upgrade is not compatible with the version of front row that comes with Server.
I'm doing the external thing due to tiny drive on my macmini.
I've tried the alias solution and it also doesn't work. Anyone know anything about the plists to get front row "hip" to my external itunes drive?

FWIW, FrontRow 2.1.2 works fine with leopard server (10.5.2)... it just wont install. To install it, use Pacifist ( http://charlessoft.com/ )

Download the package ( http://supportdownload.apple.com/do...1-4397.20080227.gOg5S/FrontRowUpdate2.1.2.dmg ) and mount it. Fire up pacifist and open the package. Click on "Install".

Make sure "Use Administrator Privileges" is checked and click "Install". When asked to skip, replace, or "Upgrade" folders, choose upgrade. For files, choose replace.

When its done, reboot and you'll be all set to go :)

If you want to backup your original files before upgrading, copy your:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BackRow.framework
/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.RemoteUI.plist

Draconus

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008

You stumbled well my friend !!! This solution solved the same issue on my new iMac. It was driving me up the wall.

:D

Cheers
Mal
Oz

applelady

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2008
Sincere thanks

Thanks Guru

I am doing a demo tomorrow to an important client. This saved me from having to rebuild my machine to Mac OS X client

Why the bloody hell don't Apple update things like this??? It's crazy

Sue

Jonesjr2008

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
This Is How You Fix It

UPDATE FRONT ROW WITH VERSION 2.1 +

It works perfectly for me

(but i don't get the graphic where the desktop slides back into the screen and front row moves forward, maybe becasue i don't have the remote working... what happens when i press control+esc the screen fades to back and front row appears with no spectacular animation as i see in the adds...i'm gonna get a new remote)

cafeine

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
thank you appleguru!....I installed the front row package you posted and it magically worked after 1 year of trying!!!!!....you rock!:D

lollipopcreativ

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009
Update not working

I just tried to install the package as mentioned and when I did it wouldn't let me install, saying, 'You cannot install Front Row Update on this volume. This software update is not required'. I am using a 20" Intel, purchased only 4 days ago. When I first turned it on, front row worked and now for some reason I am getting this same problem with it not picking up my Itunes files. Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

drewja81

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
Didn't work!!

Well i tried the way with the 2 programs. Didn't work. Then I tried appleguru's pkg and that didn't work. went through everything and it appeared to instal so I rebooted and still says can't find any music and to import from iTunes. Please help. Thanks'

Macwizz

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
for those of you who are having problems with iTunes artwork screensaver, here is a solution that worked for me. Just go to Macintosh HD/Library/Updates/iTunes/Packages and install iTunesAccess.pkg

I tried this but when i went into updates there was nothing in there????? Anyone one know why that might be????:confused:

msivey888

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
Downgrading Itunes 10.4 to 10.3

I'm running the new lion os and I need to downgrade my iTunes to 10.3 from 10.4. I think this will help my front row to start working properly again. it was working great for my concerts till i did the iTunes update earlier this week. Please help. p.s i never set up my Time MAchine. I know I know. dumb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.