front row + external monitor

Discussion in 'macOS' started by trlnlty, Apr 21, 2007.

1. trlnlty macrumors newbie

I tried to google/seach this issue but to no avail.

I just got a new external monitor and tried to run front row on it. However when i play a video, only sound manages to come out.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

2. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

Does it show the clip on your internal monitor while the sound comes from the speakers on the external one?

I remember reading somewhere in the forum that in order to use FrontRow on an external monitor the 'mirrored displays' option has to be selected in display preferences.

3. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Doesn't have to be mirrored.

I have Front Row working on my larger external monitor with my iMac. You just have to set it up so the external is the primary monitory, i.e. where the menu bar and dock live. Go to the Display Pref Pane, arrangement tab and drag the menu bar between monitors to change which one is primary. I have no idea if this has and bearing on the original poster's problem, but it wouldn't hurt to fiddle with the setting.

4. trlnlty thread starter macrumors newbie

i've tried that and even when my mbp is on clamshell mode it doesnt show up.

the front row menu's show up and i can scroll with the remote however when i cliick there is no pic..

weird, i just tried it again and it works this time.. perhaps i had to put my computer to sleep last night and it works now???

oh well i am one happy camper :)