Front Row Freezing Up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tstaff, May 23, 2007.

1. Tstaff macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with FrontRow freezing up whenever I try to use it. It just hangs and I have to reboot everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

have you tried...

it's either ctrl+alt+ESC or alt+command(apple)+ESC to force quit an application. For that matte have you tried apple+q just to quit it.

When you say it freezes, could you describe more, at what stage it freezes?
    e.g. can you navigate the menus at all, is it when you try to go to movies, music, podcasts, etc?

Brian

3. Tstaff thread starter macrumors newbie

Front Row Freezing Up

Front Row works fine when I first go in, but as soon as I try to select something from the menu, such as movies, music, etc tt just hangs up and the little icon spins and spins. I've quit the app mutiple times and rebooted and it continues to freeze up when I try to select movies, music, etc.

4. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Try having iTunes open. That's what I have to do to make my Front Row work.

5. Tstaff thread starter macrumors newbie

6. osmo2002 macrumors newbie

Tstaff, did you ever find out the solution to the problem. I just got a MacBook and I am having the same problem as you described. I also tried having iTunes open prior to starting Front Row, but no luck.

Thanks

7. anthny680 macrumors member

I too am having the same problem on my 15" mbp. Very annoying... Hope there is a fix soon.