Front Row issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smwatson, Aug 15, 2009.

1. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

So I've been using Front Row a bit recently for playing my music while I do stuff.
    However, when I'm listening to a song and I go into the menu to select something else, the highlighting selector thing jumps back to the currently playing artist at will. Which makes it impossible to look through other artists.

Is there a way to solve this? It's incredibly annoying.

2. smwatson thread starter macrumors 6502a

smwatson

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

In my experience Front Row has been utter crap. It doesn't support many movie codecs and it froze all the time forcing hard shutdowns. Check out Plex you may like it.

4. liamwillib macrumors member

I have this problem too. I don't know if its because i have lot (20GB) of music on there or if front row has developed some sort of issue in general. Never had a problem with front row on my old Tiger based iMac with the almost the same amount of music, might be an issue with the newer version in leopard.

Sorry I haven't got a solution for you, just letting u know its not just u. I haven't tried anything to fix it. Was tempted to do a reinstall to see if that did anything but haven't been bothered.

For now, (E.g. when choosing music by artist) I have got used to how long it takes before it jumps backward through the artists and before it happens i select the random artist I am currently on (not change the music, just into the artists' menu). This resets whatever seems to be wrong in front row so i can continue browsing for the same amount of time it would take before the menu jumps back again. Its hassle repeating the process to be able to browse YOUR music, is tempting to jump ship to plex etc but I love the simple interface of front row.

Would hope front row is re-written and improved in snow leopard because I love the way it works. If it is a general issue and not just us, it seems ridiculous that you would have to upgrade to get it working as it should.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I've noticed this too. I tend to avoid Front Row.