Front Row/iTunes. Is it possible to add folders?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lisamel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi!
    I was wondering if its possible to add folders in iTunes Movies and TV-shows folder?
    I would like all the Lost seasons to be in one place when I use Front Row. Like TV-Shows -> Lost -> Season 1, 2, 3 etc.
    Is this possible?

It would also be great to sort my movies by genre. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks
    Lisa :D

2. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

It's possible to do both these things. iTunes will automatically group shows if you have them tagged properly. The shows will be in order and then grouped by season. As for sorting movies by genre, just make sure you're in list view, add the column for genre and sort it, then put it back in icon/thumbnail view. Voila!

3. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

Thanks but how do it tag them correctly? Ive used MetaX to tag the TV shows, but they all come up as three different Lost.
    Do I need to make them as part of a complication? I tried it now and still they arent together in Front Row :(

Is the something i need to fill out in MetaX to get it like this in Front Row?

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I honestly don't know since I don't use Front Row. I tag them in MetaX all as the same show, set the video type as TV Show, and then indicate which season they're from. iTunes will group them, as will the Apple TV, but I don't know about Front Row.

5. akm3 macrumors 68020

iTunes will group them properly, Front Row won't.

The only way to do what you want to do, is to setup aliases to folders containing what you want grouped, and put the 'main' alias in your Movies folder.

When you click on Front Row, you then click on 'Movies', then there will be another folder with what you named (that the alias points to), and then you'll see all your sub folders.

There is no way to do folders within the 'TV Shows' heading inside Front Row.