Front Row: music & pix together?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Morod, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi everybody,
    I'm happy to report that I have been M$ free now for 30 days. Yay! And it seems every time I sit down to this lovely iMac I find something new. This morning it was Front Row. I just now unwrapped the remote control that came with the computer and FR is stunning. But what I want to know is:
    Can I run the Photos and the Music at the same time?
    I tried opening iTunes first, then going to FR and the Photo section, but as soon as I selected Photos, the music stopped. Has anyone found a way to do both? Thanks for any help/advice offered. :)
    Morod

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

If you have not done so yet, open iPhoto, do File>>New Album and name the album something fitting.

Next, select the photos you want in that album and drag them into the new album.

Now, with that album selected, at the bottom of iPhoto, or somewhere there should be a button that says 'Slideshow'. Click it.

Now select the slideshow if it is not auto selected upon creation. There should be a music button. This will let you go through your itunes library and playlists to select music for the slideshow. Once done, reopen FR and find that slideshow.

Hope this helps, based on iLife '06, so '08 may be slightly different.

Brian

3. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thanks, bmcgonag. It does help a lot! So much to learn, having recently switched....
    Morod