Front Row Not Responding

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hi,
    For some reason front row isnt working. My remote still works with itunes but nothing happens when i hit menu. Iv tried the shortcut :apple: + esc with still no luck. Any ideas?:confused:

2. .vin. macrumors member

I'm guessing you already tried restarting?
    Try typing:

killall Front Row

in Termal... though this should naturally happen by restarting your computer.
    Did you install anything weird since the last time you saw Front Row working?

3. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Have you recently done an archive and install?

4. JeffElkins macrumors newbie

Same thing happened here last night! I'm trying to figure it out now

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I used to get a problem like that as well, I don't use FR that much, sometimes when it fails to launch when you press the 'Menu' button, just open up Apps>Utilities>Activity Monitor and check to see if FrontRow has crashed, or is using an unusual amount of RAM (on mine when it crashes it uses about 300megs+).
    If it has crashed (not responsing) just click on the stop icon in the Activity Monitor, and force quit it.

6. JeffElkins macrumors newbie

It took a few force/quit operations via Activity Monitor but Front Row has, mysteriously, started working again. Thanks for the tip.

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am having this problem too. Can it be the new QT update? FR Freezes when I access movies.

8. byrdgoalie00 macrumors newbie

front row crashes for me too when i try to access movies. i think it has to do with one of the updates i recently downloaded

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

All FR problems seem fixed now. It happened on its own so I don't know what was going on. Seems faster now too.