Front Row not sorting TV shows correctly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrat93, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Since I've wanted TV, I've been frantic with ripping movies, finding movie art, ripping TV shows, and descriptions. I've been using Front Row as a model to see what it would look like (at least on the old TV firmware.)

The picture shows how my shows are organized (Season # and Episode # are put in too.) Everything looks normal to me in iTunes (if it's not, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.)

However, in Front Row, for each season, it just says the name of the TV show (i.e. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (six times), then "Family Guy" (six times), not specifying what season it is. The seasons are in backwards order, and, the episodes in the seasons are in backwards order as well.

If anybody could tell me how to take a screenshot of Front Row, I will take one.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

Unfortunately this is how front row works.

Since leopard it no longer organises by season, it just sticks every episode of a show in reverse order grouped by show.

Although since the last update for front row (with itunes 7.6) is seems it now just has a separate entry for each season, but there is no way to know which season is which

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Do you know if it will look right on :apple:TV?

4. millap macrumors regular

The only solution that I know of to this problem is to manually place all of your content into a folder structure i.e. TV Shows / Show Name / Season / files 1x01, 1x02 etc... and then create an alias to TV Shows and drop it into your movies folder. You will then have to navigate through the Movies menu item first to get to your TV shows.

I haven't tried this with shows downloaded from the iTunes store, but in theory, if Quicktime will play the file, then so should Front Row.

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Ugh.. sorry, but I'm moving this thread to the :apple:TV forums. Mod please delete