Front Row Problem in Tiger, help please!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bsheridan, May 16, 2008.

1. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Ok this has never happened before and don't know why its started to happen;

When I open up front row and go to movies,playlists or artists etc and click select, the little circling buffer symbol comes up and stays there. Nothing happens so I just have to force quit out of it.

But, if I already have iTunes open, and then open up front row, I can select and play anything from within front row.

Before I was always able to open front row without itunes already being open.

Then only things that I thought could be contributing was that a few days ago I installed you control: tunes which is an iTunes controller that stays in the menu bar. And I also had a demo version of Remote Buddy running.
    I've uninstalled Remote Buddy completely, and even when you control: tunes is running or not, the problem still persists.

I've repaired any permissions I had but still no luck.
    I've removed the file 'com.apple.frontrow.plist' from ~/user/library/preferences, and then tried to start front row. No fix, but now there is a new .plist file in that location.
    I removed the library/preferences folder to the desktop.

See my Apple Discussions Thread about it also.

Any suggestions??

Running MacBook C2D 2.16GHz with OS X 10.4.11

Thanks, b.

2. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

3. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm really stumped by this!
    b.

4. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

After reading around I'm pretty sure its Remote Buddy that has caused the problem. Others on the remote buddy forum have said that they are experiencing conflicting problems between front row [1.3.1] and remote buddy.

Only thing is I don't have remote buddy installed anymore. I've searched 'remote buddy' in spotlight and deleted every remnant of it including .plists. Still the problem persists! This is gonna drive me crazy!

b.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Try restarting your Mac - this is often required to remove programs that stay resident in the background. Also, check your Login Items (in System Preferences, under Accounts) and make sure it's not set to start from there.

6. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

I've restarted it many times. Even did a safe boot, but realised that front row wouldn't work in safe mode.

All my login items are ones I had before the problem started - quicksilver, and logitech updater-.