Front Row problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 204467, Oct 2, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

I have the entire first season of Heroes as a series of .avi files on my computer. I can play them fine and have them in the movies folder so I can use Front Row. However, I recently renamed them so that instead of (for instance) Chapter 17 "Company Man" being called Heroes 1x17.Company Man meaning TV show Heroes, season one, episode 17, title Company Man, I renamed all of the files so that they all read (for instance) Chapter 17 Company Man. However, when I open Front Row and browse through them, they are arranged with episode 0 (the pilot) first, then episode 1, but then episodes 10-11 are shown, then episode 2, then episodes 21-23. Is there a way to fix this? I would like the files to be called by their simple names (Chapter x name) instead of a long complex title. Any ideas on how to fix it? And don't say number them Chapter 100, 101, 102, etc (digit in hundreds column meaning season with the other two meaning episode number). While that works, I don't like it and hope there is a way to get what I desire.

P.S. Is there a way to take a screenshot while using Front Row? That would make this easier to understand, I think. I tried the built in utility of Cmd-Shift-3 but all it did was quit Front Row.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

How about using 00 for pilot, 01 for episode 1, etc...

3. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

Screen Grab with front row:
    Applications>Utilities>Grab.app

I usually title televisions shows such as seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm

Season # - Epidode # - Title Name

01 - 01 - Xyz
    01 - 02 - Abc

etc

Heroes:
    01 - 17 - Company Man

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Yea, I have my episodes organized that way and it works as it should in Front Row.

5. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, i could do that, but I don't want the files to look like that. It's a little anal retentive, I know, but that's just how I am. I suppose I should also mention that this makes no sense, seeing as how in Finder the files are displayed in the proper order; why doesn't Front Row display them right?

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

In very few cases will you find that "1 " (a 1 followed by a space, then anything else) will be follwed by a "2" instead of a "10", simply because that's not proper sequential ordering. A space always comes before any character, which is why you can put a space in front of any name and have it come out first in the list. The Finder has been tweaked to allow for non-standard sorting, but most programs don't. You'll either have to get over your pet peeve or find a different way of naming them (though I can't think of any other way they'll be in order).

jW

7. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Man that is so weird. Well, I guess I'll just rename them Chapter 00, Chapter 01, Chapter 02, even if it does look weird. I hope to get both the first and second season on DVD at sometime anyway, so it's not that big a deal.