Front Row Remote Buying

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tigercat212, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Tigercat212 macrumors regular

I forgot to purchase a Front Row Remote for my Macbook when I purchased it. Can I go to an Apple Store and get the Remote and the Front Row software? Is the software built into every Macbook or only the ones that buy a Front Row Remote? The cost is $19.99 right?

2. str1f3 macrumors 68000

3. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

you don't NEED a remote for it.

there should be an application called front row in your applications folder, i use that when cleaning up the room, i hardly use the remote at all.

unless you tilt it towards your bed your something and are far away from the actual computer.

i don't think the remote is worth the money for what it does. but then again it is universal with all macs.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

also you can command-escape to get to front row
    the other shortcuts are here

if you do go with the remote, check out remote buddy.
    it allows you to use the remote in all of your programs, you can assign custom key presses to different buttons in different programs, and use the keyboard and mouse just from the remote,
    if you have a wiimote handy you can use that too, just pair it via bluetooth with you laptop. and if you move the sensor bar to the laptop (or make your own) you can use it as a mouse by pointing it at the screen. but the buttons will still work without the sensor bar.