Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
How do you keep front row playing in the backround? I got an apple remote and want to use the macbook while the music is playing. thanks!

honeycrisp

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
Front row just accesses iTunes. If you start music in front row, then leave front row, the music should continue to play in iTunes.

I thought that Leopard changed this. I think that now if you exit Front Row, everything stops playing.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
wat iteen said would be sweet...and yeah im just using itunes then for my music through the remote, thanks!

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
I hate the way Front Row no longer controls iTunes like it did in Tiger. That was the best thing about FR!

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Silly

I really don't know why they removed this function in Leopard. FR in tiger worked both ways iTunes <--> FR . Now FR just turns your machine into a giant iPod.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Anybody know how to run Front row on one monitor, while the other one is available for normal use?

Well if you're using a laptop I know that if you connect it to an external monitor you can have the laptop screen displaying FR and the monitor displaying something else, or vice versa. Actually, now that I think about it, that would probably work for desktops too.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Well if you're using a laptop I know that if you connect it to an external monitor you can have the laptop screen displaying FR and the monitor displaying something else, or vice versa. Actually, now that I think about it, that would probably work for desktops too.
Doesn't work...:rolleyes:

Crossbone

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
Tiger's Front Row was the best, everybody wanted it and loved it.

Leopard's Front Row............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.