Front Row, second display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by digitalpencil, Nov 11, 2007.

1. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Hi,

I've been crawling the web for a while in search of a solution to this problem and have only met with run-around solutions generally involving tricking my MBP into displaying Front Row on my second screen.

Can anyone confirm the only ways to get an MBP to display Front Row on a second screen is to either set the second as the primary display (which, is out of the question given mine's a TV) or to operate in clamshell, wake the machine and then open Front Row? I can't believe these are the only solutions?!? There must be a setting somewhere or script I can run to switch it to the second?

Thanks

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. digitalpencil thread starter macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

My native is 1440x900 and my video adapter only allows 1024x768.. persides, I don't want the same thing playing on both screens. Quicktime has an option for selecting which screen to adopt in full screen, VLC, DVD player the same.. I find it hard to believe that Front Row is bereft of this option.

4. harrychang macrumors newbie

theres an unofficial solution here: http://discussions.apple.com/profile.jspa?userID=1151777. read the tip "Henrik M." gives for making front row load on secondary display. his solution allows front row to always open onto a second display when connected. if no 2nd display is connected, front row loads on the main monitor.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Are you wanting to use Front Row on one screen, while you continue to work on your machine with the 2nd screen? I think you can do that with Plex, but not Front Row.

6. digitalpencil thread starter macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

This thread's almost a year old and I no longer use front row or standard video adapter instead opting for XBMC/plex and an LCD through DVI but thanks for the input all the same.. hopefully it will help anyone else suffering a similar problem.
    Front Row for me is far too limited an an embarrassment for Apple given how many far superior media center solutions exist.