Front Row started in middle of night

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shirlparker, Jan 22, 2010.

1. shirlparker macrumors newbie

Last night I went to bed with my email on the screen, and when I woke up my screen was alive with the program Front Row and my wireless remote keyboard had quit working. Any ideas?

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Maybe some kind of wireless interference? Front Row will launch wirelessly with a remote. Were you able to re-pair your keyboard, or was it battery-related?

Reminds me of an old television set we had when I was a kid in the 70s. It had this huge remote. Anyway, every once in a while the tv would go on or off by itself. We couldn't figure out why until we started noticing that it tended to happen whenever we heard small aircraft overhead (we lived close to a small airport for private craft). Maybe the two were totally unrelated, but we always though it had something to do with the planes' radios.

Or gremlins.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. Hypex macrumors newbie

I bet the battery in your keyboard died and right before that the keyboard started to act strange (tend to happen when something is low on battery).

5. shirlparker thread starter macrumors newbie

I replaced the batteries, and now I have just pressed the reconnect button on the receiver and the connect button on the device (keyboard) and finally got a notice that it received and reset the codes. However, it still doesn't do anything when I try to type in information. Bummer.