front row with external monitor

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
with leopard it seems front row uses the mbp as the default display when connected to an external monitor. With tiger it used the external which is what i wanted.. is there somewhere to change the setting to have front row play on the external by default?

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
with leopard it seems front row uses the mbp as the default display when connected to an external monitor. With tiger it used the external which is what i wanted.. is there somewhere to change the setting to have front row play on the external by default?
In Tiger you just had to go to the System Preferences>>Displays and in the main window for Display settings click the Arrangement tab and drag the little white bar (representing the top tool bar) to the top of the top of the little display that you want to be the main.

Maybe it's similar in Leopard.

Brian

krissvl

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
In Tiger you just had to go to the System Preferences>>Displays and in the main window for Display settings click the Arrangement tab and drag the little white bar (representing the top tool bar) to the top of the top of the little display that you want to be the main.

Maybe it's similar in Leopard.

Brian
this has been bugging me for ages.... thanks alot. its a shame Apple havent made frontrow a more interactive/customizable program. thanks again.

qom

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
Anyone seen a solution were front row is shown on the external monitor and the main is put to sleep?