Front Row Works!!!!

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
front row works-I just used it on my mac pro-i just tested it again!

So apparently apple does like the pro users enough to let them play once in a while!

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
It certainly does, as does Photo Booth. I never understood why it didn't in the first place, it was on the install media, just disabled.

For some reason I don't get the same transition effect to FrontRow I get on my MacBook (still on Tiger), where the whole desktop recedes into the distance.

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
front row works-I just used it on my mac pro-i just tested it again!

So apparently apple does like the pro users enough to let them play once in a while!
how do you start it and operate it without a remote?

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Better yet, Photo Booth and Front row work on G4's ( some said they would be intel only )

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Works for G3 machines too?!

It seems to be designed for Windows 95. The nice transition is gone, no jingle sound when appearing and disappearing, movie trailers shows just a list of movie titles instead of having the interesting posters to navigate. I wonder why it was crippled? At least have a preference setting to change it back to the cool interface.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
It seems to be designed for Windows 95. The nice transition is gone, no jingle sound when appearing and disappearing, movie trailers shows just a list of movie titles instead of having the interesting posters to navigate. I wonder why it was crippled? At least have a preference setting to change it back to the cool interface.
Isn't it the same interface as the Apple TV?