Front Row

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djejrejk, Dec 13, 2007.

1. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Ok, I know there has been some debate over wether the new front row interface sucks or not. I don't care.. I generally like the new interface (I love the new look during playback) , however I have noticed a few changes in the way front row functions and I am curious is anyone knows a way to fix these "issues".

The main gripe I have is that front row stops iTunes music playback when entering front row... when leaving front row, playback again stops, even if iTunes is open. This was a feature I really miss from the previous version of front row. I have checked itunes and front row settings and cannot find a way to turn this off.

Any ideas?

2. MyMacElle macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, and some more :confused:
    When I want to play movie trailers it appears like i don't have an internet connection :confused:
    Also, when I want to play movie in Front Row, the sound is off, and I don't know why, cause when I play it in VLC it's ok. :rolleyes:
    I don't get it... :eek:

3. jnolas2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

When using the old front row, if you looked at pictures it opened iPhoto and if you listened to music it opened iTunes. With the new front row I don't think that is the case. So music is played through the application itself and so when you leave front row you are closing the application that is playing the music and so it stops playing.

4. djejrejk thread starter macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Maybe this has something to do with Front Row being moved away from "core services" :confused:

Either way, its annoying,... in fact, I will send in a bug report!

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I downgraded front row in Leopard - and it works for me. (sans a video bug)

And created a partition for Tiger, then installed Tiger. Couple things in Leopard I like - but not enough to justify leaving my old cat.