Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wayne s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
UK
Hi all, when playing a photo slide show in Front row I have no music playing,
I also can not see any options for playing or changing music when running a slide show.

I am using Leopard on a Alu Mac and am sure there was music in front row slide shows in Tiger.

I can get music in iPhoto slide shows.

Any idea's?

Wayne.

Jetmart

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2008
How do you set it up in iphoto so it plays in Front Row?
Do you have to create a slide show in iphoto?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
press the play button down the bottom of the iPhoto window and click the music tab in the window that pops up then check the "Play music during slideshow" box.

Wayne s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
UK
I think I may have had a blonde moment...:eek::eek:.

Is it only slide shows that have the music playing and not when you view photo folders in front row?

I quickly made a few slide shows in iPhoto and the music plays on them ok in front row.

Wayne.

Wayne s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
UK
Awesome! Mystery solved.

No it's not:mad:.

I am on my father in laws Mac now and the music plays on all folders and I still don't get the sound affects on mine as well as the music playing.

I know its only a clicking noise when scrolling up and down but its annoying the hell out of me.

Wayne s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
UK
Sort of fixed it, I can get it to play any music except the sample music included in front row. Still can't get the sound effects working though.

Wayne.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Sort of fixed it, I can get it to play any music except the sample music included in front row. Still can't get the sound effects working though.

Wayne.

System Prefs/sound/sound effects/Play user interface sound effects;Play front row sound effects.
Alert volume.

pbw313

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
I can only get Front Row to play music when I select 1 song in the iPhoto slideshow settings. When I select a playlist, there's no music whatsoever in Front Row (iPhoto will correctly play the whole song playlist when I play the slideshow via iPhoto). Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

10.5.1, iPhoto 08

Donostia

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
pbw313 said:
I can only get Front Row to play music when I select 1 song in the iPhoto slideshow settings. When I select a playlist, there's no music whatsoever in Front Row (iPhoto will correctly play the whole song playlist when I play the slideshow via iPhoto). Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

10.5.1, iPhoto 08

I can confirm this exact behavior. Although my iPhoto version is 6. It seems a choice for music is limited to one song, or a playlist from iTunes. The playlist works in iPhoto but not in Front Row. The single song works in both. It's a bummer and it ought to be fixed, along with the lack of an option to display photos in random order. Sure, I could manually rearrange an album in a new slideshow, but if clicking a button could do it...

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
I have already tried all items and can not get music to play in frontrow. It plays fine in iphoto. anybody else still having this issue? Other places that I should look?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.