front row

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mynameisstiv, Mar 9, 2008.

1. mynameisstiv macrumors newbie

hi

so im pretty new to macs.. but ive moved a bunch of my files from my pc and i have a bunch of divx movies on it..... how do i get these movies to play in front row??

thanks

2. tbohlsennswssrg macrumors regular

tbohlsennswssrg

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

No you don't. You can run them using Perian. The idea is that Front Row is only a front for Quicktime Player. The OP doesn't need to convert anything. Just download and install Perian and put all of your movies in the Movie folder in your Users folder.

4. millap macrumors regular

Move all of your movies into your Movies folder (or drop an alias in there), then download and install Perian.

http://www.perian.org

5. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

don't just yet, there seems to be a bug with perian and front row

6. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I find Front Row in Leopard to be extremely buggy. Pauses when scrolling, online trailers stop to rebuffer several times per play. Doesn't matter if its an .avi, .m4v, .mp4 or even an older .mp3. Is that still Perian, y'think? :confused:

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You're lack of further description leads me to think you have proprietary Perian issues (meaning they only happen to you).
    I highly recommend Perian with the use of Front Row (Leopard) and have not had any significant problems. Any loading issues I attribute to my internet connection (trailers) and any stalling scrolling problems I attribute to large files (usually torrents).
    And in the end, what can go wrong by installing Perian? Not gonna lose any files, not gonna kill any hardware. Don't be afraid, use Perian and be happy.