Front Rows movie aspect ratio????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krissvl, Nov 19, 2007.

1. krissvl macrumors member

Hi people,

i really like the Front Row, i dont have a problem with it accept its not very customisable.... i want to stretch a video to reach full full screen rather than preserving the aspect ratio, i think its a waste of space on my LCD TV to have black bars at the top and bottom. anyone have any idea as to achieve this?

:apple:for life!!!!

2. 2Shae macrumors 6502

That has to do with the size of your screen. I've you'd have a screen big enough it would fill it completely.

I don't know if you have Leopard but if you have do, you can make completely fullscreen in Quicktime (first enter fullscreen than in the control bar there is a button for it.
    Don't think Frontrow has that option.

3. krissvl thread starter macrumors member

Ok ill try this i dont mind moving the picture out of proportion i have a true 16:9 tv which i use as an external monitor, but some movies i 'legally' download are made into super widescreen. i want to stretch this out in front row.

4. 2Shae macrumors 6502

Yeah I know exactly what you mean I have the same thing with Frontrow on my 20" iMac.
    The tv shows that I "legally":p download are close to fullscreen, but the movies that I download are a lot wider which is dumb, cuz I waste a lot of space on the screen.

5. krissvl thread starter macrumors member

yeah what can we do? i usually use VLC media player and change the aspect ratio to 16:9 and that stretches it out. i dont mind loosing the proportion if it means not wasting space on the external monitor.... someone help?