Frontrow Laggy....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ezekielrage_99, May 29, 2007.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Just recently on my 20" iMac Frontrow has become really laggy and hangs for a while whenever you got to the movie or music library/playlist/etc. I"ve just upgraded to the newest version and I still get the same issues, any ideas :confused:

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Do you have large movie and music libraries? I think Front Row has to re-catalog the library sometimes. I've noticed that the more movies I add, the longer it takes. Shouldn't be too much lag, and not every time, but I think it must have a setting that after non-use for X hours, it re-checks the cataloging to make sure everything is still the same.

I may be completely off on this, but it just seems that way as I've built up my libraries.

3. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Yeah I wasn't sure if what was hapenining is how Frontrow fucntions with large libraries or if there's an issue with my hardware/software. I dumped the entire library from my iMac to my Macbook and there is far less lag on the Macbook for some reason :confused: