Frontrow (No rented movies)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Feb 2, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Is this because frontrow will be updated in 10.5.2 to play rented movies?

Cause right now there's no such section or option and i can only see the rented movie from itunes.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Front Row will be updated (probably have its own separate update) when Mac OS X 10.5.2 is released.

Better be soon.

3. rmanke macrumors newbie

It still doesn't work in Front Row, and rentals have been available for months...in the US.

I guess not too many people are renting movies and using Front Row??

4. donstenk macrumors member

donstenk

Frustrating indeed

what's happened to Apple's integration of software and services?

Does anyone know how to play movies full screen in iTunes on an external TV connected by VGA at native resolution?

I'll explain myself better: Front Row works great, because with the lid of my MacBook shut the Mac recognises only the large tv screen. In iTunes I can do full screen only if I mirror the displays - losing a bit of resolution on the TV. If I don't mirror the displays the full screen 'jumps' to the laptop screen even if iTunes is on the big screen.

Others must have had this issue.....

PS: Samsung does some nice glossy white screens that are a great match to Apples white hardware!

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You need iTunes and the DRM stuff for the rentals to work correctly.

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I just tried to watch a rented movie in Front Row (10.5.4) and they simply don't show up. Unbelievable. Purchased TV shows work fine, but movie rentals don't?

Submitting feedback now.

7. maxpower13 macrumors newbie

Front row has many other problems besides this. It doesn't even feel like it was made by Apple. Front crashes about every other time I try to use.