frontrow wont launch!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iFanaddic, Oct 25, 2008.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I cant launch frontrow on my new macbook, I was able to launch it yesturday but since this morning when I try the screen goes dark and 2 seconds after it comes back to my desktop!?! What should I do? I tried both the remote and the icon.

2. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

3. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

If it doesn't come up with "The application Front Row quit unexpectedly" then we may have to assume that something is calling it back out of fullscreen. Do you have an external mouse or keyboard attached, or is anything touching the MacBook keyboard?

If so you may be triggering it to return to fullscreen which it does if a letter is pressed or the mouse clicked - the only keyboard functions it allows are the Function keys, escape, enter, and the arrow keys.

If its not either of the above then I'm afraid I'm rather stumped...

4. justind.clark macrumors member

If all else fails you can try reinstalling it from the disks that came with your mac.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

wow the nerve of people not to answer you within 2 minutes.

6. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

The truth is I wanted to start a new thread (on a different subject), but I ended up answering my first thread lol.. since I couldnt delete the new post, which was on a completely different subject, I improvized.. and all I could find. lol

BTW Nothing fixed my problem..

7. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Umm try an archive and install of the OS. Then make an offering of some premium RAM to the Gods of Computing. If all else fails seek a technician.