Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

el torro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Hi all !

Seems that I´ve unluckily erased my "Movies" folder which is accessed by frontrow.:eek:
Creating a new folder manually and naming it "Movies" won`t work. :(
Frontrow keeps saying that I dont have any movies in the "Movies" folder. (In fact I don`t have the original "movies" folder....)

World...please help.

Thanks a lot to you all,
el torro

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
Hi all !

Seems that I´ve unluckily erased my "Movies" folder which is accessed by frontrow.:eek:
Creating a new folder manually and naming it "Movies" won`t work. :(
Frontrow keeps saying that I dont have any movies in the "Movies" folder. (In fact I don`t have the original "movies" folder....)

World...please help.

Thanks a lot to you all,
el torro

I can't say that I know what makes the movies folder special in a way that you can't just make another. I'm not near my mac til tonight, but if anyone else can check the folder info, and list it here, maybe you can duplicate it in the one you made, and see if that gets the mac to recognize it.

Also, I guess it might be sim-linked to a specific location that is checked. Once created,

a reboot may be required to give the mac a chance to archive it as being there again,

and performing a permissions repair might help.

Hope something here becomes useful,

Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.